Don’t Let Wi-Fi Be Your Biggest Security Gap
In 2017, there have been 8.4 billion connected devices and therefore the volume is predicted to hit 20.4 billion by 2020, consistent with analyst firm Gartner. Hackers like better to follow the weak link within the security chain and it doesn’t take much to hack into the Wi-Fi network using easily accessible tools and a plethora of online how-to videos. Even the foremost rookie hacker can intercept traffic flowing over Wi-Fi and steal valuable data from your smartphone, tablet, smartwatch, or laptop. What’s worse - your business networks become compromised thanks to malware implanted and credentials stolen over Wi-Fi, and it can cost millions in fines and breach remediation expenses to repair.
The Six Known Wi-Fi Threat Categories That Leave Your Business Vulnerable
Rogue Access Point
Allows attackers to bypass perimeter security.
Delivers malware payloads to the network after connecting to malicious APs.
Neighbor Access Point or Client Misassociation
Risks infection from connecting to other SSIDs while in range of the authorized AP.
Uses peer-to-peer connections to evade security controls and risk exposure to malware.
"Evil Twin" Access Point
Lures users to connect to it so as to spy on traffic, steal data and infect systems.
Misconfigured Access Point
Opens networks to attack as a result of configuration errors.
Virtual Firewall and VPN
In a world with growing open Wi-Fi networks, Wi-Fi hackers are ready to not only steal personal information but also spread malware to computers on the network, costing your businesses millions. Simply put, the Wi-Fi system that you simply installed seven years ago is not any longer adequate. As you face the responsibility of evolving your Wi-Fi networks, you’re finding that a lot of vendors don't enable you with the proper products. WatchGuard is that the only company that gives a framework for building an entire Wi-Fi network that's fast, easy to manage, and most significantly , secure. Companies that provide a Trusted Wireless Environment deliver on these three core pillars:
- Market-Leading Performance: you ought to never be forced to compromise security to realize the required performance to support your environment with the speed, connections and client density that it needs.
- Scalable Management: With easy set-up and management, you ought to be ready to control your entire wireless network from one interface and execute key processes to safeguard the environment and its users.
- Verified Comprehensive Security: you would like proof that the safety solution that defends your business against Wi-Fi attacks can deliver on the subsequent benefits:
- Provide automatic protection from the six known Wi-Fi threat categories
- Allow legitimate external access points to work within the same airspace
- Restrict users from connecting to unsanctioned Wi-Fi access points
By offering quite just Wi-Fi connectivity, Wi-Fi security from WatchGuard stands aside from other providers. it's distinguished itself by automatically detecting and preventing ALL of the foremost common Wi-Fi threats simultaneously.