MFA That’s Powerfully Easy
Using stolen credentials to breach network resources is the #1 tactic that hackers use.* By requiring additional proof of identity beyond an easy password, multi-factor authentication is the single most significant safeguard to guard your business.
WatchGuard’s unique multi-factor authentication (MFA) solution not only reduces network disruptions and data breaches arising from weak or stolen credentials, but we deliver this important capability entirely from the Cloud for simple set-up and management. Moreover, AuthPoint® goes beyond traditional 2-factor authentication (2FA) by incorporating innovative ways to identify users, like with our Mobile Device DNA. With our large ecosystem of 3rd party integrations, this suggests that strong protection are often consistently deployed across the network, VPNs, Cloud applications – wherever it’s needed. Even non-technical users find the friendly AuthPoint mobile app easy and convenient to use. Ultimately, WatchGuard AuthPoint is the right solution at the correct time to create MFA a reality for businesses who desperately need it to dam attacks.
Watchguard Launching AuthPoint Hardware Token Authentication
Effective MFA Protection with
Mobile Device DNA
Multi-factor authentication requires users to supply information they know (username and password), and information provided on some- thing they have, as well as other factors that can be associated to the specific individual. AuthPoint provides a highly secure MFA product using a push message, QR code, or one-time password (OTP); and our mobile device DNA matches the authorized user’s phone when grant- ing access to systems and applications. Therefore, any attacker who clones a user’s device in an attempt to access a protected system would be blocked, since the device DNA would differ.
Broad Coverage with Web SSO
Stop worrying about remembering countless complex passwords. AuthPoint’s secure single sign-on (SSO) makes logins quick and easy. In addition WatchGuard’s ecosystem includes dozens of 3rd party integrations with AuthPoint – allowing companies to require users to authenticate before accessing sensitive Cloud applications, VPNs and networks. AuthPoint supports the SAML standard, permitting users to log in once to access a full range of applications and services.
In addition, the secure login feature provides online and offline authentication to Windows and Mac machines using the AuthPoint app.
Easy-to-Use AuthPoint Mobile App
WatchGuard’s AuthPoint app allows users to authenticate right from their own phone! No got to carry key fobs or thumb drives; instead install and activate the AuthPoint app in seconds, then use it to authenticate from a smartphone. It enables speedy push-based authentication also as offline authentication using QR codes with the phone’s camera. The app is out there in 13 languages and downloads freed from charge from the App Store and Google Play.
A Low TCO Cloud-based Service
Companies with limited IT staff and security expertise enjoy MFA protection that’s easy to deploy and manage from the Cloud. AuthPoint runs on the WatchGuard Cloud platform and is available from wherever you’re . there’s no got to install software, schedule upgrades or manage patches. Moreover, the platform easily accommodates one global account view or many independent accounts, in order that distributed enterprises and managed service providers can display only the data relevant to a person’s role.
WatchGuard Cloud Platform
- 100% Cloud-based management
- Authenticator allocation and activation
- Authentication policies supported groups and resources
- Logs and reports
- Role-based access
- Intuitive, attractive interface
AuthPoint Mobile App
- Three authentication options available:
- Push messages
- One-time passwords (time-based)
- QR codes when offline
- Mobile authenticator – no additional hardware to hold
- 13 languages
- Multi-token support
- iOS and Android – free to download
- PIN/biometrics protection (on certain devices)
- Mobile device DNA – added authentication factor
- Self-service mobile token migration to new devices
- Corporate network gateway
- AD and LDAP user authentication and sync
- RADIUS proxy
- Integration with 3rd party applications without native MFA support
- Computer login protection for Windows and macOS
- Add MFA to Cloud resources, applications, databases and web resources
- Support for SAML and RADIUS standards
- Comprehensive integration guides for several popular 3rd party solutions
Recommended Use Cases
VPNs / Remote Access
Same user experience as username + password BUT more secure, and with a single-click confirmation.
1. Request reference to username & password
2. Confirm VPN connection – request through AuthPoint app
Cloud Applications – Web SSO
1. Access the Identity Portal (IdP)
2. Authenticate using OTP, push or QR code
3. Access all the apps to which you’re entitled – no need to authenticate again!
PC Login – Online Authentication
1. Click on “Send push”
2. Confirm PC login request through AuthPoint app
3. Login is done
PC Login – Offline Authentication
1. Select “QR code” to authenticate
2. Scan the QR code using the AuthPoint app
3. During this example, you’d type the response 717960
What is Multi – Factor Authentication(MFA)?
Use of two or more authentication factors, From:
- Something you know (password, PIN)
- Something you’ve got (token, mobile phone)
- Something you’re (fingerprint, face)
- Your password
- Approval on your mobile authenticator
- Correct mobile DNA
- A fingerprint to access (with certain phone models)
- A fingerprint to access (with certain phone models)
Maximum Flexibility and Secure OTP Authentication
Provide a broad MFA solution that adapts to your business requirements in several levels and adds an additional layer of security when needed. Ready-to-use and conveniently designed hardware authentication for when that’s all you need.
Hardware Token Authentication
AuthPoint’s time-based, one-time password (OTP) hardware token may be a sealed device designed to get secure OTPs every 30 seconds that businesses can use as an alternate to the mobile token to authenticate into protected resources. Our hardware tokens are able to use and may provide a further source of protection for businesses when mobile device use is restricted or restricted.
Making the Case for MFA
Weak passwords are a serious liability for your business. The average user has almost 100 online accounts, many of which have their own password requirements. Password fatigue is a real problem and it’s putting your business at risk. It takes just one weak or cracked password for a cyber criminal to access all your data and accounts.
How confident are you that every single employee is following password best practices?
- Roughly 250,000 passwords are stolen every day1
- Only 1 in 5 users uses a unique password across all accounts2
- 3% of people use the password 1234563
The cost of a breach can be enough to put your company out of business. The average cost of a data breach is $148 per data record with sensitive information, which is $1.38 million when you consider the average data breach of 9.350 records. This doesn’t include indirect costs like a damaged company reputation, lost customer trust, and lost work time.
The good news is that you can easily reduce your cyber risk and get a high return on your security spend. It costs less than the price of your morning Starbucks to provide monthly MFA protection for each employee. Eliminate the #1 risk to your business with AuthPoint.